Applications are now being accepted for federal, state, and local government classes.
The next cohort starts on April 28, 2014.
The Maryland Certified Public Manager® Program
The Maryland Certified Public Manager® Program is a management development program to help public sector and nonprofit managers attain and build upon their management skills. It’s beneficial to a wide range of employees who supervise or manage employees or large projects. A college degree is not required. The designation, “Certified Public Manager®” is awarded upon successfully completing the Program.
- is academically grounded, built upon a set of core competencies curriculum
- has 25 participants per “class” (also referred to as “cohort “)
- is 16 months in length
- comprises 300 hours of training including classes, projects, readings, and exams centered on management principles courses
- is proven to improve performance and advance best practice standards for public and nonprofit sector managers
- supervisors or managers of employees or large projects
- employees with and without a college degree
- employees working in nonprofit and government sectors
Our Classes and Faculty:
- are held at the University of Baltimore*
- are taught by University of Baltimore faculty experienced in teaching working adults
- our instructors include local experts and practitioners
*customization allows for the Program to be taught throughout Maryland
This website contains specific information about the Maryland Certified Public Manager® Program including how to apply. At any time, you may contact us directly with your questions or to request additional information.
Dr. Ann Cotten
Maryland Certified Public Manager® Program, Director
Schaefer Center for Public Policy, Director
College of Public Affairs, University of Baltimore
1420 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
410.837.6188 | firstname.lastname@example.org
World class leaders and managers for public service